Thursday, June 20, 2013

Honey Tea Cakes

Hello again lovelies, 
Last week (yes I know I've been bad about keeping up with this) I made some of those honey tea cakes, also listed and sourced in the inspiration post, and can be found at tartineandapronstrings.com. 


These cakes were FABULOUS. One of my favorite, and very simple, recipes. 
Although it calls for A LOT of butter and egg yolk, it was wonderful and pretty simple nonetheless. 



This cake tastes great with a nice cup of mint or chamomile tea, hence it being called a "tea cake," and makes a wonderful breakfast. 



The cake is very dense and sweet, and a little slice goes a very, very, very long way.

 I think I may be in love with this recipe. 



(Oops this one broke when I took it out of the pan whooooops)


The recipe makes 4 3x5 cakes, see the butter and egg yolks aren't that numerous considering that it goes into 4 cakes, and it's great to give as a gift. I only saved one for myself, surprisingly enough. But I did not have the 3x5 pans, so I made two cakes instead of 4 and sliced them in half. 

I think the final product was both tasty and quite attractive looking (:
Enjoy!
I'll be back soon with more delicious treats!
-Shortycakes

No comments:

Post a Comment